Religious Assistant & Program Coordinator Position
(Part Time position – Initial 12 month contract)
Maroubra Synagogue is a vibrant, Zionistic Modern Orthodox community. Our community has enjoyed sustained growth over the past few years and we are now seeking to recruit a Religious Assistant & Program Coordinator. Candidates must be supportive of the ethos of our community, working alongside our Rabbi to enhance our religious and educational offering and to support the vision of our Rabbi and Board.
The role will be focused on developing, coordinating and implementing a range of inspirational and engaging educational programs and social events with the objective of increasing communal engagement and growth. The successful candidate will also be required to assist the Rabbi on an occasional basis, in performing religious duties including leading services, leining, delivering sermons and officiating at life cycle
events. Attendance at some weekday services will also be required.
We are looking for a highly organised, ‘hands on’ individual with a passionate ‘can do’ attitude. Our ideal candidate will work cooperatively with our Rabbi to plan and deliver programs and initiatives for our community. It is anticipated that the role will require 15 hours per week on average. While we prefer that this dual role be filled by one person
we will consider your application if you wish to apply only in part.
The successful candidate will need to live within walking distance of Maroubra Synagogue and attend services on Shabbat and Yom Tov. It is desirable that you will occasionally host community members for Shabbat meals to build strong connections and to provide an authentic Jewish experience.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ideally have Smicha or similar level of Jewish knowledge attainment.
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in leading/participating in Shule life and in developing, implementing and delivering educational/social programs.
- The ability to lead prayer services, lein and officiate at life cycle events.
- Be proactive and well organised with a spirit of creativity and innovation.
- High level interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to connect with people across the age, knowledge and observance spectrums.
- For more information or to apply for the position please email Justin Chorn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions to be received by 11 April 2021